Food Poisoning

Food poisoning occurs often, especially during the summer. According to some statistics, the number of food poisoning cases rises by as much as 40 percent during the hot months.


What causes food poisoning? The reasons for it are quite simple. The use of unwashed fruits, spoiled products and mushrooms can easily lead to poisoning.


What types of foods cause food poisoning most often?


Spoiled Fruits and Vegetables

Several hours after the consumption of spoiled fruits and vegetables, a person will experience stomachache, vomiting and nausea. Poisoning can also occur if the products contain harmful chemicals.


Spoiled Meat

Seven to eight hours after the consumption of spoiled meat, a person will experience stomachache and fever. Headache is a likely reaction, as well. A consultation with a medic is a must in such instances. Warm liquids can make the situation better.


It is easy to minimize the chance of food poisoning from meat. All meat products should be stored separately from other foods. Meat should be cooked well. Products that are too old should be thrown away rather than used.


Kitchen boards and utensils have to be cleaned carefully after the preparation of meat dishes.


Fish Poisoning

Food poisoning can also occur after the consumption of fish. This type of poisoning can lead to some severe symptoms. Several hours after the consumption of the meal, a person is to experience nausea, vomiting, stomachache and occasionally – breathing difficulties.


Egg Poisoning

Eggs and egg products lead to many cases of poisoning during the summer. The reason is that these can get spoiled easily.


Egg poisoning can be very dangerous since spoiled eggs can lead to salmonella. In the case of this disease, the temperature increases sharply and the person experiences fatigue, headache, fever, vomiting and diarrhea.


A medical consultation should be sought, since egg poisoning can lead to some severe complications. A doctor will be able to prescribe the best medications for the occasion.


Mushroom Poisoning

The consumption of poisonous or spoiled mushrooms will also lead to poisoning. The most common symptoms include strong stomachache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, pulse slowdown and headache.


Emergency aid should be sought in the case of mushroom poisoning since some species could be deadly. The consumption of large amounts of water can be helpful, since the liquid will help the body drive out the toxins.


The poisoned individual should refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages. These dilate blood vessels, making the poison reach vital organs faster.


Keep your cool if you or a loved one suffers from food poisoning. Call medical aid immediately and be extra fast if the affected person is a child or a senior. The consumption of large amounts of water and tea can be helpful until the medical team arrives.

No related posts.

Leave a Reply




You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>